June 18 2010 – The International Criminal Court has confirmed receipt of a complaint by a Rustenburg farmer against twelve of South Africa’s top politicians - including president Jacob Zuma -- on charges of genocidal hate-speech and human-rights violations.
Among the many charges, there’s also a mention of incitement to kill Afrikaner farmers with the illegal genocidal hatespeech chant “Shoot the Farmer’.
There are twelve co-respondents in the case, said Fanie van der Walt, the farmer’s lawyer in a media statement, published by Radio Sonder Grense and by Sowetan newspaper.
In the sworn statements handed in to the ICC in The Hague, the leading South Africans who are included in the charges are: President Jacob Zuma, ANC youth league leader Julius Malema, SAPS minister Nathi Mthethwa, SAPS head Bheki Cele, former national police commissioner Jackie Selebi, Minsiter of agriculture, forestry and fisheries Tina Joemat Peterson, Defence minister Lindiwe Sisulu, Intelligence minister Siyabonga Cwele, ex-Intelligence minister Ronnie Kasrils, African National Congress party’s secretary-general Gwede Mantashe, and the ministers for rural development and for land affairs, Gugile Nkwinti and Pali Lehohla. The charges are genocide and crimes against humanity, reports Radio Sonder Grense.
“Sowetan” newspaper quotes the Rustenburg farmer’s lawyer Fanie van der Walt as saying in a statement: “The office of the prosecutor of the ICC confirmed in writing the receipt of the complaints which will now receive attention.”
One of the charges against Malema involves his incitement for genocide in his publing singing of the chant “shoot the Boer”, defying two High Court rulings making it illegal to chant the genocidal hatespeech song in public.
The unidentified Rustenburg farmer and his family reportedly left South Africa two weeks ago, fearing for their safety after deciding to lay the charge against Malema.
They have also asked the international court for a guarantee of protection – and won’t return to South Africa unless they can obtain a guarantee for their safety.
The submission of information to the office of the prosecutor did not automatically trigger an investigation, said Van der Walt. “In accordance with the Rome Statute, the office must analyse all information submitted in order to determine whether the rigorous criteria of the statute are satisfied.
“Once a decision is reached whether or not a reasonable basis to proceed with an investigation exists, the office of the prosecutor will promptly inform [us] thereof, along with reasons for the decision.
“We believe however that the ICC will decide to formally investigate the complaints because they comply with the very specific and defined jurisdiction and mandate of the [court] as defined by the Rome Statute.”
“Afrikaners are the target of ethnic-violence” – UNPO
Picture: Afrikaner-members of UNPO Dr Pieter Mulder, left and Andre Fourie at the UNPO annual congress in Rome, Italy May 2010
The Unrepresented Nations and Peoples Organisation – which represents 200-million people worldwide and has 54 minority-group members – also issued a unanimous statement at its annual meeting in Rome, Italy last month -- , condemning the South African farm-murders/attacks against the Afrikaners, labelling these as "Serious Human Rights Violations' during their annual general meeting in Rome, Italy. http://censorbugbear-reports.blogspot.com/2010/05/farm-murders-serious-human-rights.html
UNPO statement: "Afrikaners in general, and the Afrikaner farmers in particular, are the target of ethnic violence. The South African murder rate is extremely high at 48 murders per 100,000 of the population, compared to 2 murders per 100,000 in Europe, for example.
If Afrikaner farmers are taken as a statistical population, the murder rate is 287 per 100,000. This is a grave situation, with more than 2,000 Afrikaner farmers having already been murdered in the last 13 years* . http://www.unpo.org/content/view/8148/247/