Saturday, May 7, 2011

Joubert Park

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Joubert Park was one of the first open spaces for Johannesburg's inner city, proclaimed in 1906 but planned in 1887 and named after Boer War hero, Commandant-General PJ Joubert. It used to be a place where the city council put up Christmas lights, where choirs would sing Christmas carols . . . nowadays it's just a slum with squatters living there... First, a picture from the Old South Africa, showing what Joubert Park USED to look like...





No comments:

Post a Comment